Monday, November 22, 2010

Cream Cheese Corn

This year I am having a hard time narrowing down what it is I would like to bring to our Thanksgiving meals. I know I am bringing a dessert dish to both places, actually the same dessert, Pumpkin Cobbler (coming soon!) but what side dish to bring for Baby Cakes' side of the family? My family requests, every single year, my sweet potato casserole (also coming soon!) so atleast I don't have to think about that dish...

For the last two years my co-worker Sherry has been telling me about a sweet corn and cream cheese dish that her mother-in-law makes. I have wanted to try it for some time but it always seemed to slip my mind. Last week Sherry reminded me about it again only this time I took action and asked her for the recipe. You guy's, this is a entirely diffrent version of "candy corn".

Baby Cakes say's that he could eat this everyday. I say that this is almost certainly the dish that I am taking to his side of the families Thanksgiving meal. It is so very good, lightly sweet and it has so much flavor. Truth be told I have a confession, we ate the entire bowl between the two of us. Yes, the ENTIRE BOWL!


Cream Cheese Corn
recipe from Sherry McShan's MIL

8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 bag frozen corn
1/4 cup sugar
salt and pepper, to taste

In a medium size saucepan over low heat melt the butter and cream cheese. Stirring to combine, they want to seperate so stir until smooth and creamy and completely melted.

Stir in the frozen corn and sugar. Heat over low heat until corn is cooked and the cream cheese mixture is thin. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.

Serve warm.


This dish is going to be made time after time. It is wonderful.

Turkey Day is almost here! Gobble Gobble,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...