Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Buffalo Chicken and Bean Soup

I love that winter has been so long this year. Normally I would have been completely burnt out- I had a mad case of the winter blahs earlier this season- but the fact that the sunshine is out during the day has made it wonderful. But the thing that tops it the most? I get to make lots and lots of soup. Here's the latest-


Buffalo Chicken and Bean Soup

2 teaspoons oil
1/2 cup onions
1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chiles
2 tablespoons buffalo wing seasoning mix
1 packet ranch dressing mix
2 cans (16 ounces each) northern beans
1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack/ Colby cheese
1/8 cup prepared ranch dressing

Broil or bake the chicken breasts until done. Take them out of oven and let cool on cutting board. Either cut up or shred the chicken, set aside.

Chop up the onions and saute them in the oil over medium heat until tender, but do not brown. Stir in chiles and both seasoning mixes. Add the beans, liquid and all, chicken and the broth; stir. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce to a gentle bubble. Cook for about 10 min. stirring occasionally. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the prepared ranch dressing. Serve warm with cornbread or tortilla chips.


Sorry for the blurry picture.

If your anything like my Baby Cakes you'll probably want it a bit more spicy- once his bowl was made I stirred in another teaspoon or so of the buffalo seasoning. He was munching away, turned to me and asked if I would add this recipe as one of our favorites. Of course I will and I agree that it is worthy of the spot.

Another yummy,

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...