Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pumpkin Souffle


So I adapted this recipe from a carrot souffle recipe (Hubby's favorite!) that I tracked down a few years back. I was in charge of dessert for another one of our women only poker parties last night. Had to be pumpkin this I know, so I though I would adapt the carrot souffle into well, pumpkin souffle.

Verdict, tastes just like a pumpkin pie only no crust. Would I make this again? Perhaps. Only this time add a little brown sugar- make it worth missing a crust.

Ingredients
2 cans pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons flour
3 eggs, well-beaten
1/2-1 cup margarine, at room temperature
powdered sugar

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Open and put pumpkin puree into a saucepan and heat over medium/high heat until heated through; put pumpkin into a large mixing bowl.

While pumpkin is still warm, add sugar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Beat with mixer until smooth.

Add flour and mix well; add beaten eggs and mix well.

Add margarine and beat well.

Pour mixture into a buttered 2-quart baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the top is light golden brown.

Sprinkle lightly over the top with powdered sugar before serving.


I would certainly try this recipe, maybe crush up a few amaretti cookies and sprinkle over the top and a big dallop of cinnamon spiced whipped cream. Yum! Maybe I will be making this again!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...