Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Super simple meal idea. In the blogging world there have been a ton of recipes for Sweet and Sour Chicken but this one is by far the simpliest. Not to mention the yummiest.

The only change I will be making to this next time I make it is to perhaps only use half of the dry onion soup mix. It was a bit to salty or onion soupy tasteing for my little ol' taste buds to handle. Of course Baby Cakes loved it, I swear this man will eat anything that doesn't eat him first.


Serves 4

4 chicken breast halves (a chicken has 2 breasts)
1 cup Catalina salad dressing
1 cup brown sugar
1 envelope dry onion soup mix (next time I'll try 1/2 a packet)
rice, for serving

Preheat oven to 350F. Place chicken in a casserole dish.

In a small bowl, combine the dressing, brown sugar and onion soup mix. Pour over chicken breasts. Cook in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.

Serve over rice.


We use brown rice and I steamed some Broccoli just because I always need some green.

If you try it with half of the onion soup mix let me know how it turns out. Until them I'll keep playing with this recipe and posting updates if I do succeed in fine tuning it. XOXO,

1 comment:

  1. I had something like this at Mimi's. Instead of chunks of chicken, they used a whole chicken breast and it was delicious. This recipe looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...