Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pepperoni Pizza Dip

When Baby Cakes and I first moved in together I was so excited to cook all the time. I would wake up early and make his breakfast, pack him a lunch and then come home from work and whip up a scrumptious dinner. (Not to mention keep the kitchen perfectly clean. Yeah, let's keep my housekeeping tendencies out of this.) Now he does his own breakfast and lunch. I do still cook dinner though. Shrug. So the point of sharing this is that I didn't start blogging until after we got married, (I know, scandalous) and because of this fact I haven't blogged some of my favorite things yet. Somewhere along the way I thought I had but when I went searching for the below recipe today I found that I hadn't even blogged it yet. Oooohhh y'all are in for a treat!

I have made this dip a million times, most of the time I make it for parties or potlucks. But, sometimes I make it just because I just want to eat it. Once I made this recipe just to have it while sitting on the front porch with my neighbor. A box of crackers between us and the dish perched on our knees. You will want to double this recipe, there is never enough.

Baby Cakes loves it, I love it, family loves it, neighbors love it, strangers love it, you'll love it. Infact, I have never taken this dip anywhere with me and returned home with some left in the dish. Never.


Pepperoni Pizza Dip
recipe adpated to my liking from an unknown source years ago

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 ounces pepperoni, chopped*
1/8 cup pepperoni, chopped*, reserved
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
2 ounces mozzarella cheese
1/4-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, reserved
crackers or bagel chips

Preheat the oven to 350.

Prepare a baking dish half sheet or round.

Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, pizza sauce and italian seasoning together in a bowl until smooth.

Stir in the pepperoni and green onions until well combined. Spread into prepared baking dish and bake for 12 minutes.

Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled top with remaining cheese and pepperoni and cover with foil and put in fridge overnight or up to 3 days.

Before serving preheat the oven to 350 once more and bake off for 15 minutes. Serve.

*You could also use the mini pepperoni, which is what I used this go around, just omit the chopping.


(this picture is just so that you can see what the actual untopped dip looks like)

Now I know that it seems weird to make it and then let it sit around in the fridge for awhile but I promise it needs to. If you don't want to or think it would be better without that step be my guest, try it the first day you make it and then let it sit in the fridge overnight, reheat and then try it again. The flavors meld and work magic overnight.

Once you make this dish, if you like pepperoni, you WILL make it again and again. I have been asked for this dish on numerous occasions and will always ablige. Heck I ask for this recipe on numerous occasions. Yum!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...