Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pork and Peach Bake

I had another post last week but somehow I deleted all the pictures off my camera, perhaps I thought I had already uploaded them I just don't know. But it's kind of a blessing because the recipe wasn't very good anyway so really no harm done other than I am a post short for last week. I try to do two posts a week. But you know what, let's just keep on truckin'.

I have been cooking a lot lately but for some reason I haven't been posting very well. Last weekend my parents came to supper, they are very busy people with work and my siblings, grandchildren and their friends so occasionally I like to pin them down and get some one on one with them. I served recipes that I’ve posted here before Turkey Day Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and for dessert the Peach Cobbler that my Daddy didn’t get a bite of on father’s day, only this time I used fresh peaches. Namely stewed peaches, the recipe is coming up in this post. The reason I share this information? Well the leftover stewed peaches were used in the making of this dish.

Okay, I am going to keep this simple. The way I make stewed peaches is by pitting, slicing and peeling about 20 peaches. I half them, and then divide each half into three slices. Put them into a saucepan with ½ cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Cook down over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and it begins to thicken a bit. That’s it. I store this in the refrigerator and use it as a topping to ice cream, in my peach cobbler and now in this recipe.


Pork and Peach Bake
adapted from Cook.com

4 cups chicken stuffing mix
1 3/4 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup stewed peaches
4 pork chops
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup stewed peaches

Preheat the oven to 350.

In a saucepan bring the water and butter to a boil, turn off heat and stir in the stuffing mix until all of the mix is moist. Stir in ½ cup of the stewed peaches and spread the stuffing mixture evenly into a baking dish.

Now in a large skillet heat the oil over medium/low heat, seasoning the chops to your liking and brown on both sides, once done transfer to the top of the stuffing mix.

Spoon the 1 cup of stewed peaches over the pork chops.

Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.


My pictures do not look good, I will be the first one to admit it. But please don't judge this dish by my poor photog skills.

I love this dish y’all. Baby Cakes told me practically after every bite how good it was and I am inclined to agree. There is something about the peach and pork together, it just goes. Almost as well as apple goes with pork. You know you have got to love pork it work with so many flavors. This will be adorning my table again and again and I’m sure again in the near future.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...