Saturday, January 1, 2011

Honey Buttered Corn Muffins

I can remember in the past on New Year’s Eve my Grandma making all the traditional southern new year staples, black eyed peas, cabbage, corn bread and I am sure some sort of protein, most likely something pork, and although the following recipes aren’t from my Grandma I do make them every year because of her. Since learning what these foods represent I can’t imagine not eating them on the eve of or the actual day, hopeful that they might actually pull through. Superstitious maybe but I’ve always heard that you make your own luck and mine just happens to be in a big old pot on the stove, or so I believe.

Okay, perhaps it’s because I have done way too much cooking over the holidays but I cheated on almost every recipe made for New Years, this one is no exception.


Honey Buttered Corn Muffins

2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 of a cup of half and half
1 can of creamed corn
1 tbs. honey
½ a stick of butter, room temperature

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare the muffin tins.

In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then mix well once more.

Fill the muffin cups ¾ full, it should make about 18 muffins, and bake until golden brown about 12-15 minutes.

While the muffins are still warm gently press in the center top of the muffin and place a pad of butter in the “bowl”.

As you can see from the recipe above this isn’t really anything major, actually super simple but it got more raves and compliments than any baked good I’ve ever made before. Okay, well almost any baked good I’ve made before. I personally enjoyed them so much that I smeared a bit of jelly on one for breakfast this morning.

This doesn't have to wait until New Years to make it would be great with chili or any soup.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...