Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cherry Cola Pork Ribs with Cherry Cola BBQ Sauce

BCakes wanted to grill last weekend, so we went to the store and bought some pork ribs so that he could. Then he didn't. I don't blame him though, our weekend was so crazy busy. Truth be told I'm glad he didn't cook them, because if he had I wouldn't have been able to make these.

I actually came up with this recipe while half asleep. Sometimes I dream about cooking (what you don't?) when I know that there is something in the fridge that must be cooked soon. So this recipe came to me in the wee hours of the morning and I set out the next afternoon in making it happen. It happened alright and it was so good!

BCakes said that this is a company dish and that he loves the sauce. Infact, he ended up pouring it all over his sides and licking the dish clean.

Speaking of the sauce, I happen to be a sweet bbq person, not everyone is. Alot of people prefer spicy or smokey meat. Not me, brown sugar and honey please. So if you don't like sweet (not that it's sickining sweet) you might not want to make this one.


Cherry Cola Pork Ribs

Pork Ribs
Seasoning Blend, your choice
2 cans Cherry Cola, any brand

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.

Pour the soda into a baking dish and place the seasoned pork ribs into the dish.
Place in oven and cook for 3 hours.

During this time make the sauce, recipe to follow.

After the 3 hours are up drain all the liquid from the baking dish. I actually took the ribs out of the baking dish and put them on a wire rack over a baking sheet pan to finish them up.

Baste the ribs and then place back into oven for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basteing them every 15-20 minutes.

When you take them out of the oven they will be sticky and sweet. I served them with a little dish of extra sauce. So good!



Cherry Cola Bar-B-Que Sauce

1 can Cherry Cola
2 cups catsup
1 T. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dry mustard
2 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 T. dark brown sugar
1 T. honey
1 T. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Whisk all the ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer over medium/low heat for 1 hour or until cooked down into a thick sauce.


Save the rest in a jar or bowl, like above, because I promise you will find something else to use it with. It really is very good sauce if I do say so myself.

Now I know that I normally don't care but this recipe is MINE, MINE I tell you and I ask that if you do post it that you give credit where credit is do on this one. Oh and please tell me what you think about it. Wink.

XOXO,

2 comments:

  1. Me too! The sweet bbq sauce that is - but I do like a bit of spice with my sweet. I love cooking with all kinds of colas - it just makes for such a yummy sauce. This sounds wonderful Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I didn't even think of adding any red pepper flakes to it, that might have been pretty good.

    Thanks for commenting, it's good to know that someone checks out my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...