Monday, June 13, 2011

Cherry Almond Pudding

It’s that time of year again. As you might know, if you read my blog this time last year, once yearly the town of Iola, Texas holds a family meeting and picnic. It more about the family cemetery than anything else, in fact I would say that it’s all about the family cemetery. But either way it is an amazing picnic that follows. Oh how I love a potluck.

Thinking back to what a hit the Pistachio Pudding was last year I knew I needed something as good. Only every time I ran searches to find something, and there are a ton of pudding/salad recipes out there, everything seemed like something that has been over served. I had an idea in mind I just needed to make it work.

I brought home an empty serving dish, enough said.


Cherry Almond Pudding

1 jar maraschino cherries, chopped, with juice
1 small tub whipped topping
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup finely chopped almonds
2 teaspoons cherry extract

Mix all the ingredients together and place in icebox overnight.


This pudding is cold and creamy, not to mention very cherry, all of which are very good things in my book. I dare you to try it, you’ll love it.

Stay out of the heat,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...