Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Boo Jell-O Cups (Creamsicle Cups)

While I was searching through Halloween recipes that I’ve had stored away for future use I came across this recipe. It looks delicious and although I always assumed I would wait until I had children to go all out every holiday I’ve decided not to wait. After all, Halloween is my favorite holiday.

These were simple enough to make and according to the recipe it makes 4 single servings and something tells me that our niece and nephew would enjoy having one this evening just as much as I would.


Boo Jell-O Cups
recipe from KraftFoods.com

3/4 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
2 cups ice cubes
2/3 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
8 miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir 3 to 5 min. or until gelatin is thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Whisk in 1/2 cup COOL WHIP until well blended. Pour into dessert dishes.

Refrigerate 30 min. or until firm.

Drop or pipe remaining whipped topping onto desserts to resemble ghosts. Add chocolate chips for the eyes.


They turned out really cute. Taste wise they are like a creamsicle, you know those orange and vanilla popsicles? But on the cute factor alone I'll certainly be making them again.

These don't only have to be Halloween themed. Use your imagination, lemon with a peep on top for Easter or made without a topping for any night of the week. This recipe is easy to play with.

Sweet Boo Y'all,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...