Thursday, October 7, 2010

Brown Sugar Chicken

This one is another recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking. (I don't personally know her but I do know that she has a ton of slowcooker recipes, hence her blog name, lol and I plan on trying a ton of them. Not to mention that majority of her posts are entertaining.) I can certainly see why her family calls this recipe Candy Chicken.

Throughout the entire day the house smelled so yummy. Sweet and caramel like. (I have all the windows thrown open, the weather is wonderful and I am surprised that I don't have a million bees trying to get in.) It takes everything I have not to get up and do something with this recipe. Stir it or something but it's doing fine and I must just sit and drool all day long.

This is going to be made weekly in our house. I.am.speechless after tasting it. Seriously, best chicken eva eva eva! The bowl you see below? I ate this whole thing plus some green beans. Baby Cakes says "I'm glad you finally learned how to cook." Ha ha ha. God love him.



Brown Sugar Chicken
revised from A Year of Slow Cooking

4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter, reserved
2 tablespoons brown sugar, reserved
1-2 tablespoons cornstarch, if desired
3-4 tablespoons cold water, if desired

Place the chicken into the crockpot and top with the brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and soda.

Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours.

Right before serving put the chicken on a platter and set aside. Pour the cooking juices into a saucepan, add the butter and brown sugar and then bring to a boil. Either condense down to desired thickness or thicken with cornstarch dissolved in cold water.

Serve over rice and don't forget the sauce. No, do.not.forget.the.sauce!

This is an OMG recipe(yes I just used an acronym).

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...