Friday, April 15, 2011

Shredded Pork with Mushrooms

Today has been torture. The aroma in my house all day long has been so intense and well, just heavenly. Honestly, it has made me walk into the kitchen a dozen times searching the cabinets for something to eat that could come remotely close to the scent of this deliciousness. I couldn’t find anything and instead snacked all day but, the time has finally come to try today’s supper. I am so ready to eat this let me tell you.

Wow. This recipe reminds me of my Mothers Goulash, slightly sweet and with great depth of flavor. Baby Cakes and I both ate two servings and then lounged on the couch babying our bellies out of over eating. It was great, is great, I am going to eat it again tomorrow. Not to mention how easy it was to make. I love easy. I love delicious. I love my crockpot.


Shredded Pork with Mushrooms
recipe from readyseteat.com

3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into large pieces
2 (14.5 ounces each) cans stewed tomatoes, with juice
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 package pork gravy mix
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 package or 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover; cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, high for 4 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.


I served ours over mashed potatoes with some green beans, one of the only green vegetables Baby Cakes will eat. I should be off work more often, I was rather productive today. Wink.

Nom, nom, nom,

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I love using my crockpot too!!! I bet that smelled TOOO good! I bet it would be good over egg noodles too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...