Sunday, June 14, 2009

Daddies Pea Salad

This picture does this salad no justice- tastes so much better than it looks I promise. Here's the problem though, I only know how to make it for a crowd. If you want to make this for only a few people just do it by eye, the recipe is general.

Today Michael, my father in law Jackie and I went to the annual town meeting and picnic in Iola, Texas. My hubbies parents own a nice amount of land there and there are alot of distant family who still reside there. (Michael and his Dad hunt and camp there, though I am falling madly in love with it as well) Anyhoo, so I brought my Daddies dish and ended up making and carrying (not an easy task) a ton of this pea salad. Amazingly yummy you guys, try this!


canned peas or frozen peas, thawed
tomato, diced
hard boiled eggs, diced
celery, with leaves too, bottom end trimmed, diced
purple onion, diced
velveeta cheese, diced
mayo
milk
dry ground mustard
salt and pepper to taste

The trick here is to have more peas than any of the other ingredients, however I like mine with alot of egg so to each his or her own.

Put peas, tomato, eggs, celery, onion and cheese into bowl. Add about 2 Tbs. of mayo per can of peas and 1 Tbs. milk, stir to mix together. Add dash of dry mustard and salt and pepper, stir some more. You want it soupy and taste and play around with the mustard get the right amount.

That's about it, sometimes I add cubed ham the next day for an entire meal. Oh and the longer it sits in the fridge the more the flavors marry together. I always get raves about this dish.

Love you Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...