Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

It’s no secret that Baby Cakes loves peanut butter. He does. I am fairly certain that if he could eat it for every meal he would. He already eats it every day and yet he still goes out of his way to eat more constantly. The man also loves cookies, he eats those everyday as well. Well, in honor of his love of peanut butter and cookies, not to mention in honor of my amore for him, I am surprising him with Valentine’s cookies. You got it, peanut butter cookies. It’s the least I can do, the man brought home 10 pounds of dark chocolate for me for V-day (he knows I am on a diet and that dark chocolate is better for you than milk chocolate, just ignore the fact that he brought home enough chocolate to feed a third world country. It was really sweet though, he hid chocolate bars all over the house that I randomly found throughout the day. Grin.), seriously I don’t know how I am going to eat it all. Anyone have any good healthy recipes using dark chocolate?

Back to the recipe; growing up my Dad make peanut butter cookies all the time. I am not a fan, and although I was going to use my Daddy-O’s recipe, once I decided to add chocolate chips (BCakes’ other favorite cookie) I knew that my Dad’s recipe wouldn’t work. No worries, I will eventually share my Dad’s recipe, I had kind of forgotten about it until today. So, I knew I needed a heavier cookie dough so in my normal fashion I took to the world wide web. Here is what I found:


Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from allrecipes.com

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Drop by 1/4 cupful’s 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.


Are they fantastic? You know it! Baby Cakes hasn't given his opinion yet because frankly he hasn't arrived home from work to eat any yet but I did swipe one and they are fantastic.

Makes 18 cookies, 1 cookie per serving.

Now, eater beware, these babies have 253 calories each! They are huge though, the picture showing just one cookie is on a large salad plate. So just think of it as 3 smaller cookies. lol.

Happy Valentine's Day Y'all,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...